The Atmos Raw Vaporizer is the top of the line vapor pen. It has some great features like it’s windproof, has great heating time, almost seems instantly. Also has a great battery life, the battery just keeps going and going. With big hits and a tons of time to smoke it. It’s a winner! Check out more pro’s below!
This vapor pen does get very hot as it has a fast heating time and a hot heating element can sometimes combust dry herbs. See more below how I fix this. Check out more con’s below!
First Things First: The Atmos Raw (RX) Vaporizer Pen
(The Atmos Raw is also known as the Atmos RX they are the same vaporizer pen just with a new name and they added the functionality of adding a glass screen – read below)
I got the Atmos Raw vape pen a few months ago. I like relaxing with my dry herb mixtures, but like so many other people I prefer my privacy. I stumbled on this at a smoke shop in Santa Barbara, and they only had one left—the guy at the counter said he’d sold all the rest. I bought it on a whim and tried it out.
This market is fairly new, and these things are really new technology. A lot of them really don’t work very well at all. My biggest problem with others I’ve tried is that they take forever to warm up, and don’t work well when it’s windy. The coil gets messed up because the wind cools it off or you get to much wax or oil around the coil and it doesn’t work well after a long time of use.
I didn’t have these problems with the Atmos Raw RX.
Atmos Raw Vaporizer Kit Includes:
- 1 x Atmos Raw Vaporizer Body
- 1 x Atmos RX Battery
- 1 x Ceramic Heating Chamber
- 1 x Chamber Connector
- 1 x Ceramic Filter
- 1 x Mesh Filter + Spring
- 1 x Cleaning Brush Tool
- 1 x Packing Tool
- 1 x Wall Adapter
- 1 x A Super Handy USB Charger
- 1 x User Manual
You also get one rubber mouthpiece (though you might want to buy more, since there’s a bunch of different shapes).
I mentioned before that it is windproof, and this was a huge plus for me as I live in Seattle and it gets pretty windy here. I have used too many other vape pens that fail miserably as soon as the wind kicks up. I had no such problems with the Atmos RX Vaporizer, since it’s designed to be windproof. I don’t really know what they did, but I think it’s probably the same feature that makes it heat up so quickly. It’s something that has to do with the way the coil is powered.
The battery takes 2-3 hours to charge, and seems to last forever. I haven’t had it die on me yet, and I once didn’t plug it in for two days (I was using it regularly during those two days, by the way).
I’d rate this product a 9 out of 10, maybe a 10. It has a few issues with it that I would like to see resolved, but I bought it because of problems I had with my other vape pens, and it solved those problems, so that is worth a full 9 points to me.
It gets a 10 if it still works as well as it does today a year from now. Many vape batteries tend to lose their potency with time, and if the Atmos raw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporvaporizer pen doesn’t, then it’s truly a remarkable pen.
- Windproof – The Atmos Dry Vaporizer is windproof. I haven’t tried smoking it in a hurricane yet, but if you live anywhere that’s windy, or if you primarily will use this outside or in public, then this is a great buy for you.
- Heating time – It seems to heat up almost instantly. I’d guess the heating time is maybe a few seconds, maybe 5 if it’s cold or windy. It has a ceramic heating element, so the heating element can get incredibly hot without melting or taking any damage.
- Battery life – The battery just keeps going and going. It’s like the Energizer bunny of vape pens.
- Really hot – The fast heating time and really hot heating element can sometimes burn the herbs; you get kind of a combustion effect that totally ruins the taste when it happens. I have only had this happen a few times, and it has only happened when I hit the Atmos RX Raw a bunch of times really fast (I was sharing with a friend), but it was not a good experience when it did happen. You can fix this by putting in the glass screen I mentioned above this stops the herbs from being combusted and makes them vaporized instead.
- Combustion – A friend of mine explained to me that they are just basically pipes with lighters in them for a lot of money. I see his point if you don’t use the glass screen for dry herbs, except that this is portable and containable and doesn’t produce that smell that goes everywhere. I guess if you don’t care who smells you, then that doesn’t matter, but I like to be discreet with my herbs because I know not everyone is completely accepting.
I gave this product a 8 out of 10 because it allows me to smoke outside virtually no matter what the weather conditions. I’m sure it would work in a heavy rain, but then again who just hangs out in the rain smoking?
My lungs have also suffered from my smoking habit, and the Atmos Raw Vape Pen has really helped with that. I don’t cough nearly as much as I used to when I’m just going about my day.
I’ve smoked out of everything that can be smoked out of, and I have tried a many vape pens before. I’m certainly not an expert, but I know the difference between a good smoking experience and a bad one. And thus far, my experience with the Atmos Raw RX pen has been a genuinely good one. I’d recommend it to just about anybody who wanted to smoke discreetly and whenever and wherever they wanted.
It gets a 9 or a 10 if it still works as well as it does today a year from now. Many vape batteries tend to lose their potency with time, and if the Atmos raw vaporizer pen doesn’t, then it’s truly a remarkable pen.